Thursday, December 11, 2008

IN LOVING MEMORY OF BABY
(1 April 1990 - 11 December 2008)

At about 4pm today, my beloved cat, Baby passed away. We have been expecting him not to make it through the couple of days because he was really really sick. As he refuses any food or water, deep down I knew he wouldn't last long. But the fighter that he was, he survived for nearly 7 days but it wasn't an easy time. I wondered why he held on for so long. Maybe its his survival instincts ... maybe he just wasn't ready to go.

I prayed to God ... to take him coz I don't want him to suffer any more. I told Baby that if he had to go ... go in peace. I wished I could have made his last days more comfortable and pleasant but I couldn't. Death is a terrible thing but there's no esaping it. I know that I shouldn't be sad that he's gone ... at least he's no longer suffering. I know he's in a better place n God will take care of him, now that my job is done. Though he's been wif us for more than 18 years it feels just like yesterday that my sis picked him up under our old block of flats because she pitied that tiny little kitten that she saw. How funny that she took him in, named him Baby and I ended taking care of him till his end of days.

Baby moved house when we got married n moved again wif us 2 our second home. He gave us much joy n companionship when I was lonely, memories that will never be replicated. As I recently found out through medical tests that I'm allergic 2 cats, I will longer adopt any cat nor any pet for that matter. I may love animals but my allergies n asthma makes it hard for me 2 care for them in the long term. Having a child also divides my time even further so all that is left of my late pets are beautiful memories that will remain wif me always.

Everytime my pet dies ... I feel heartbroken n sorrow. But as the last of my pet n the longest lasting one passed away, I resolve that it is time for me 2 stop being a pet owner. I don't think I can take the hearache anymore. As life itself is pretty tough going for me right now, I think I had enough of heartache 2 last me a lifetime.

Baby,

Now that you're gone ...
Rest in peace my beloved cat
Pain no longer hurts you
Agony no longer haunts you

Know that I will miss you so dearly
Know that I love you so clearly
Know that one day, we will meet again

Meanwhile ...

I will live my life as best I can
Trying to hold on with all strength n might
Keeping up the faith, though its slight
Though its hard knowing that you are gone
I will remember you in fondness
The joy that you gave me all those years

The tears that I shed are not in sadness
They are a testament that you are loved
Though I will miss your presence
Know that in your life ...
You have given me much more than you have
Because you lived, I have gained

Goodnight my Baby ... please give Megan, Bubbles, Buffy, Bonnie n Bulat a hug for me. I miss you guys so so much. I will see you all again some day. Please take care of each other because I can't be there to take care of you guys. I love you all so very much.

Mummy will see you ... very soon.



No comments: