Wednesday, February 4, 2009

THE MARINA BARRAGE

We finally managed to drop by a new place that hubby wanted to visit. Its called "Marina Barrage" somewhere in Marina South. To get there we had 2 drive through lots of construction & such but if you follow the directional signs, it was a clinch to get there. By foot its virtually crazy to go there but I saw that they provide shuttle service (from where I dunno). They do have a small parking zone for visitors who drive, so that helps.



The place is actually a kind of dam of sorts. Its was a very windy evening, as we reached there. I was surprised that there were lots of people there, some even creating their own picnic areas. Some were kite flying, some took photos (like us). As can be expected there were lots of water features - ones that "sprout" and some even had special lights, which would seem colourful at night. There were also 2 wading pools, for the kids 2 play in. Of course, Ryan insisted on "jumping" in 2 try, so daddy had 2 join him.

Daddy said we should take a photo withe the Singapore Flyer as the backdrop, so here's one. I took one too but it didn't out too good so I'll spare the public the agony ... hehe!

Last few photos b4 we left. As you can see, Ryan was only clad in his diapers (which were wet) coz we decided to change him in the car, b4 we ride on home. Poor boy! I think he was a bit cold. Thou he didn't seem to care as he was busy looking out the bridge. He posed for a while ... & then we decided it was time to go home, as it was getting dark. Daddy promised Ryan that we will come again another day, this time with Ayra, in tow. Now Ryan would love that!

No comments: