Alert : Another post with lotsa photos ... hehe!
This week my dear son turned 2 and a half (or 30 months, as I keep counting)! As Hubby had to work & had meetings whole day, we were stuck at home (as usual). If you didn't know by now, we as a family always try to celebrate the small milestones of our son, like his monthly-versary (his birth-day, in every month). As this is the month that he turns, 2 and a half (which is rather monumental, to me anyway) ... I thought that we should go out for a simple (cheap) meal tonight.
Alas, Hubby called at the last minute to say that he had to go for yet another meeting. Arrgh! I was rather upset but what can you do ... work is work, right!?. I guess Hubby sensed my disappointment! He called back awhile later to say he can actually miss the meeting as he just found out that he does NOT really need to be there at all. Phew! The day was saved!
The first couple of photos are of Ryan playing around, after his afternoon nap.
These next photos were taken from a upward angle. Ryan just loves to "bully" his mummy. He loves to sit on my tummy (or my ribs, if you must) when we are playing on the bed. Oh! he loves to jump or "dance" whilst on top of the parent's tummy too (daddy gets his turn too, sometimes). I thought it might be cute to get some pics of him whilst he was doing his thing.
The photo above is really outta focused but the pic of him was rather cute so I thought I'll just put it up. I realised that some badly-focused-shaky pics are actually rather nice. So what if the pictures aren't super clear, all that matters is that the photo is memorable or taken at an opportune time. So I will continue to post the not-so-well-taken pics & still get to enjoy that special moment in time ...
Ryan looks rather serious here. He wasn't very happy because he was wailing in the car due to a real scolding from me. That's because he rushed into the elevator when we were leaving our home. Sometimes we let him press the buttons (although we try not to ... as we don't want him to touch the lift buttons ... germs & all) but on this night, the lift was on our floor, that is ... as soon as he pressed the buttons ... the door opened & he rushed into it ... whilst his parents are WAYYYY behind! I screamed for hubby to rush to the lift & luckily he managed to get there on time, before the elevator door closed on him. Phew!
Sigh! Why is it that kids don't listen to their parents?! Like not to go into lifts when no one's in it? Don't they know that its dangerous? I guess not huh! Ryan got a good scolding from me & he started crying ... from the lift, to the car & most of the journey to dinner. Sigh! he was being such a "monster", I couldn't understand why! Its not as if I have never scolded him before this. Sigh! And so, when the above photo was taken, he was still sulky. I asked him what he wanted for dinner. Before his tantrum, he said "tata (prata) and rice" but when I asked him again after the meltdown, he refused to say what he wanted for dinner. Well, when the kid is being stubborn & wants to have a big "show" of his new independence, the parent WILL decide. We had rice for dinner. So there!
We passed a cake counter & ...
Hubby said, " Shall we buy a cake for him?"
Me ... asked "For what? To blow a candle, you mean?"
Hubby : "Yah"
Me : "Ok, lah"
So here are the pics we took, once we reached home. Since it was kinda late by then, we rushed to sing him a birthday song & let him blow a single candle. Hehe ... I'm sure most parents don't do these for their kids. We don't really either but I guess being, no turning ... two & a half is monumental for someone that has been on this Earth for that long (only). As I said to Hubby, Ryan didn't exist, as a person, only three years ago. And now he's here, growing everyday, learning new words everyday, thinking of new things to irritate his parents (especially his mummy, who deals with his antics daily). Everyday he does new things, everyday he makes new memories, everyday is a blessing ... that I will NOT take for granted!
2 comments:
Sooo cute...he sleeps with his mouth open....hee hee...masuk lalat nanti....
Ya lah, he always does that!
Post a Comment