Saturday, July 4, 2009

RYAN'S BABY STORY CONTINUES ...

Tis was Ryan's 2nd day of life. I managed to "peel" myself off the hospital bed. Hubby wheeled me up to see my son for the first time. I was still in my hospital maternity attire. By this time, Ryan had a drip on his hand too. Holding him for the first time, I felt strangely odd. This was my son, the baby that I have yearned for so long. Now that he's finally here ... why wasn't I jumping for joy? Coz I didn't expect to be cut up, coz I didn't expect my son to be warded. Silly me ... I thought that I would have a normal, safe, "natural" delivery & would be able to bring my baby home after 2 days. That wasn't going to be my story!





Ryan looks rather yellow here because he suffered from a bad case of jaundice. He had photo-light therapy to get rid of the jaundice. I wondered if the heat (from the intense light) was what caused his skin to peel like hell. I couldn't tell as I didn't really notice his skin on the first day that he was born. Hubby didn't either. I had to rely on hubby's account for he was the only one who got close enough to Ryan. He was peeling literally, it wasn't like sunburn, it was much much worse. I was shocked when I saw him. He was so tiny, wrinkly, skinny, & he had so many drips & wires on him. I wanted to sob so badly but I tried to hold my tears for later. It was really hard for me to see him ... like that!

No comments: