Thursday, September 10, 2009

YEP! RYAN IS STILL A BOY ...

Ermm ... I know you've heard me say this before, but Ryan is really a BOY! Lest some people forget, my son was born a male & will always be a male. Why am I so full of it? Because even at the ripe ol' age of 2 & a half years old, Ryan is still constantly being mistaken as a GIRL! A girl!??! Can you believe it?

Maybe when Ryan was much younger ... well, maybe its kinda alright (& rather acceptable), when people always mistaken him for a girl because as babies, some girls look like boys & boys look like girls. When they are babies, & their hair is very short or non-existent (botak), its easy to mistake a baby girl for a boy. But as a toddler, isn't it much easier to spot a boy from a girl? I never dressed Ryan like a girl & he's very much a boyish boy, rough & tumble kinda kid. He's mostly in T-shirts or sleeveless tops & shorts-bermudas-long pants combo. So where does the girly part come in? I really don't know! Haha! ... I think these strangers really need to "sharpen their eyes" or clean their prescription glasses, when they leave their homes.

Oh another thing that makes Ryan obviously a little boy ... his haircut. Doesn't it look like a boy's cut? Do most girls go round having a very short haircut like his? Isn't it obvious that Ryan's a boy from the way his hair looks? Ok ... his hair is not as trim as his Daddy's ... not because we don't want it that way. Its because Ryan screams & cries like there's no tomorrow, whenever he gets a haircut at home (courtesy from his parents). Its virtually impossible to get him to enter a barber or hair salon & frankly speaking we have never even tried, for fear that Ryan will throw the mother of tantrums in the salon & we will end up wasting time & money (when we have to walk out - without the haircut)! I wanted to shave his head for the longest time (with Hubby's support, of course) so that it will take a longer time for his hair to grow into an unmanageable mess but my mum has been on my case - not to do it, saying that it will look awful on him. Arrgh!

Even if a kid looks kinda sweet (which Ryan does, I know), don't they look at the kid's dressing or clothes? I mean if I had a girl, do you think I will dress her constantly in T-shirts & pants, with colours like blue, red, green & yellow (Ryan's new fav colour coz of Bumble Bee)? If I had a girl, I would definitely dress her in cute little skirts, girly blouses, colourful feminine dresses, grow her hair & put barrettes & clips & ribbons up, let her wear tons of pink-everything ... isn't that what most mum's do, when they are blessed with little girls?

Eventhough Steve & me always wanted a baby girl, we have been blessed with our beautiful son, Ryan. And though I miss out on decking my only child in frills & pinks, I still revel at dressing up my kid, whenever I can. I like to dress Ryan in cheerful hues (especially since he's very fair) & most bright colours look good on him. Hehe ... I also tend to go overboard with the camouflage prints ... which I am actually amazed that I am rather obsessed with (since Hubby is already in the military & we see it everyday ... duh!). Ryan has quite a few pants in camo ... haha!

When I wanted to purchase yet another camo pants recently ...

Hubby said ..."Another one? He has so many, right?"

.... & I had to defend my lame choice, by saying "But its so cute, mah" ...

Oh well ... I decided to listen to the voice of reason & told the patient sales assistant that I didn't want to buy the pants coz Hubby didn't like it ... shucks!

(Not to worry, I will get another chance, next time ... hehe!)

Does this look like a girl to you?

Does he look girly-girl at all?

No comments: