Friday, November 20, 2009

ON THE PLAYGROUND, WE WENT

I guess this is the indoor playground that Ryan plays on ... most often. I think its coz its pretty close to our place & indoors, so whether its warm outside, its still rather shady here. The playground is also relatively new so the equipment is still in good condition & still relatively clean. The only grouse I have is that the other day, when we dropped by (on a weekend afternoon, which is not often), the place was packed with kids (& their parents) - it was noisy & crowded!

Because there's a wet playing area, a lot of the kids that were wet (rather irresponsibly, if I may say so) choose to play on the dry playground equipment too! This made the dry area extremely wet! So, for the kids who did not want to get wet (like Ryan), they inevitably get drenched & dirtied by the wet stains, all around them. As the drenched kids wait in line or hang around, puddles collect below them, creating "dirty" water that never fail to get splashed on the kids (whose parents choose to keep them dry).

Arrgh! As you can safely guess, we did not stay long ... just a couple of minutes, was all it took to turn us off this typicaly-ugly Singaporean behaviour. We see it everywhere ... but it still never fails to amaze me, what some Singaporeans do in the name of "free" liberty & their-own sense of freedom & righteousness. I would never allow Ryan to wet himself & go dirty the dry playground equipment - its really very inconsiderate & inappropriate! As much as I love my kid, there are certain things that I won't allow him to do.
He has to learn to share certain things - especially, playthings for public use. He has to learn to be considerate - coz he's not the only child that wants to enjoy the slides. He has to queue up, to take turns - coz he's not the only one that wants to play on the swings. He has to learn to be courteous & considerate ... something that's extremely lacking in a lot of the young kids in "wealthy" Singapore. My kid is definitely not the best behaved nor gracious child around, but I'll be damn if he turns out to be those typical inconsiderate kids. I'll make sure of that ... even if I have to be the (only) screaming mum on the playground, in order to teach my child some decent manners. So there !

Fortunately, when these pics were taken (in early October), the playground was relatively empty ... so Ryan had a wonderful time! Thank God for that!

Enjoying himself on the see-saw.

I caught him ... in mid-movement - about to get off the green seat.

He wasn't too sure about this ... hehe! Was afraid that he would fall off.

Daddy giving Ryan a helping hand.

Getting ready ...

Looking very cheeky here!

Awww! Father & son!

Aaah! My little-twin boys .... see ... even their smiles are so alike!

Climbing up the steps.

Down the slide.

Holding on to his Daddy!

Look Daddy! I'm sliding down .... weeee!


What's this weird looking thing??

Let me try it out!

Don't I look like a victorious little hero??


No comments: