My little rascal is another month older. He's still small for his age ... sigh ... he's still not eating well. Having parents who love food, I wonder why Ryan doesn't seem so interested at all. All he wants to have are chocolate milkshakes & biscuits. Double sigh ... whats a mum to do?!
We decided to celebrate Mother's Day earlier. Since I do not expect any gift or surprises from Hubby & son, I decided to choose a nice place to eat instead. Since we have been wanting to try this new Halal restaurant called Fish & Chicks, I told the family that we were going yesterday night for dinner. The place is rather small but they do have seats outside. As my boy was his usual active self & was being rather talkative, his voice could be heard quite "well" in the small eatery.
Hubby had the fish & chips ($ 6.50), I had the BBQ Pizza ($ 7.00) & chose the Chicken Fried Rice ($ 4.50) for my boy. We had plain water for refreshments.
First came the Chicken Fried Rice accompanied with a small bowl of soup. The rice was extremely delicious, it had the "wok hei" taste, ie. the frying technique brought out the flavour very well. It also had big chunks of delicious chicken. The soup was a little bit salty. Overall, it was a winner!
The fish was a little on the small side but it was very crispy & tasty. It came with chips that was again overly salted. Nice but the fish could have been much bigger (though we've eaten some that were even smaller ... haha).
Meanwhile, the pizza was the last to arrive. It didn't look like much to shout about but it was actually very tasty. It had the right amount of BBQ sauce (which some place put too much) & they were generous with the chicken pieces that littered the pizza. As usual, I topped my pizza with slashes of parmesan cheese, chillie flakes & tobasco. This was another winner!
I didn't go there with high expectations but we were pleasantly surprised. It was definitely value for money, they don't even have service charge or GST. So what you eat is what you pay - nothing more! If I'm not wrong, they have longer opening hours during the weekends, so thats a welcome.
We will definitely drop by the place again when we have the chance.
Location :
Fish N Chicks, 602B Sembawang Road, Singapore 758458 Tel : 68520089
Happy Mother's Day to me .... !!!
Updated : Hehe ... I got a simple card from hubby & son. Well, its the thought that counts rite?
No comments:
Post a Comment