I have always wanted to get a list done of the words that Ryan has spoken so far but have not. To my utter amazement, my baby actually uttered his 1st word when he was just 8 months old. You may find that hard to believe but its really true. Guess what was his 1st word? It was C-A-T! Haha! Baby the cat (bless his soul) should be so honoured! I guess Ryan was tickled pink by the creature that was always lurking in the kitchen, that furry lil ball. The cat always scurried away when Ryan chased after him in his baby walker.
What do they say about kids that talk (very) early? That they learn to walk later? Well, it was kinda true for Ryan. He only started walking at 13 months. He was just getting the hang of walking, when he fell terribly sick at 15 months & had to be warded for 12 days at the local children's hospital, with surgery (& lots of follow-up visits). It was a really stressful time for us. Whilst he was there, he had to be poked (so many times I lost count at 12 times) because he had small veins (duh! he was only 15 months old - what do u expect doctor!) & also because the juniour doctors took him like a practise pin-cushion.
He really wasn't feeling well ... high fever and all. The drip was on the left hand here.
Look at that face ... my poor boy! Notice the drip is on the right hand here.
Taking him round the ward for a stroll, he was having cabin fever. By this time, they decided to poke the drip on his left feet.
Holding the "Stitch" pen I bought for him, to cheer him up.
My baby still managing a cheeky smile, after all he's been through.
I think, someone should tell these juniour doctors to practise/learn their skills elsewhere before they poke mercilessly on my sick child. I even had to "help" the doctors hold my screaming child down so that they can inflict more pain on him ,,, so that they can "drip" him. It breaks my heart just thinking about it but as I told them solemnly ... it was a necessary evil, it had to be done (duh! like we had any choice). Ok, ok why am I talking about the hospital stay ... its because after poking so many veins on both his tiny hands & arms, they told me they couldn't find any more veins so they had to poke him in the feet/legs (& when the feet were done too, they had to poke at the NECK - OMG!!!). Do you know how painful that was ... for Ryan & for his parents to watch?? So with drips on his feet, Ryan couldn't walk ... not that he had the inclination nor the energy to walk. So by the time we left the hospital, Ryan kinda "forgot" how to walk (since he was so new to this "business" of walking) ... my poor poor baby!
Last day of hospital stay. We dressed him in his own pants as we were eager to bring him home. Here he is walking round the wards, for the 1st time in 12 days. He was very wobbly & unsure of his tiny steps.
The pics weren't very clear coz it was taken by my old handphone, not the digicam. When you are dead tired for 12 straight days & your baby isn't well, you don't think of bringing the digicam with you. I wasn't sure of putting up the pics from his hospital stay here coz it was s sad reminder of his terrible ordeal. But I thought, well good or bad ... things happen for a reason. Putting it up was a window into our world of being Ryan's parents & it showed how we managed to pull through together as a family.
When Ryan's all grown up & sees these pics, he would be surprised that mummy had the "strength" to even take pictures of him, whilst being exhausted for 12 straight nights from non-existent sleep. It was a real drainer but it wasn't anything compared to what Ryan had to go through. Imagine being 15 months old & having strangers constantly touching, poking, hovering over you. Not to mention the never-ending doses of medication, temperature taking, blood pressure readings, drips, bandage-changes, blood tests, ultrasounds, x-rays, etc ... but most of all - the surgery he had to endure. It was a best forgotten nightmare ... one that I wouldn't ever want to repeat (though I think hubby & me are practically pros at it by now ... haha!)
Ok, I am totally digressing. When I think of all that we've been through as a family, as Ryan's parents ... its been quite a ride, so far. We've had our ups & downs but we are still here, standing & breathing.
Today, Ryan spoke some new words :
01. Eh-bow (elbow)
02. Armpit
03. Ring (my wedding band)
04. Sheep (from cartoon "Word World")
And some that has been in his repertoire :
05. Copter (helicopter)
06. Train
07. Car (one of his 1st few words too)
08. Bus (his obsession)
09. Papa (he used to call Daddy but he stopped & changed to Papa)
10. Mama (took him a looong time to call me)
11. Nenek (Malay for Grandma)
12. Atok (Malay for Grandpa)
13. Kakak (Malay for Elder sister)
14. Abang (Malay for Elder brother)
15. Adik (Malay for younger sis/brother)
16. Bibik (Malay for Auntie)
17. Uncle
18. Auntie
19. Jie-jie (Chinese for elder sis)
20. Kor-kor (Chinese for elder brother)
21. Ti-ti (Chinese for younger brother)
22. Mei-mei (Chinese for younger sis)
23. Bar (Barney)
24. Bear (esp. for Winnie the Pooh bear from "My Friends Tigger & Pooh")
25. Tigger
26. Frog
27. Turtle
28. Cat (but of course!)
29. Dog
30. Pig
31. Duck
32. Fish (rarely)
33. Bird (he likes birds)
34. Toes
35. Neck
36. Rice
37. Bread
38. Milk
39. Tata (prata - local pancake)
40. No
41. I dun wan (I don't want)
42. I see a copter (I see a helicopter - we live near an airbase)
43. Ter (water)
44. Big ter (big water - for water features like fountains)
45. Sim (swim - we took him swimming recently)
46. Push
47. Pull (rarely)
48. Door
49. Clock
50. Book
51. Draw
52. Take
53. Ball
54. Chair (rarely)
55. Eyes (rarely)
56. Cook
57. Mum-mum (eat)
58. Bathe
59. Bubbles
60. Stuck (he uses this when something doesn't work or cannot be moved)
61. Knee
62. Dirt-dirt (dirty)
63. Bag
64. Fork (lately he has been saying this very often, hope he hasn't picked up the "curse-words" we have been muttering, when others cut dangerously into our lanes whilst driving)
65. Die (ermm ... I know! its a bad word for a 2 year old to say, trying to get him to stop)
66. Kick
67. Open (rarely)
68. Tree (rarely)
69. Light
70. Carry
71. Scared
72. Box
73. Wash
74. Watch (rarely)
75. Wear
76. Hot or hot-hot
77. Wet or wet-wet
78. Cry
79. Hair
80. Dun like that (huh?)
81. Go
82. Go outside (got it from me)
83. Go out
84. Take bus
85. Take car
86. Eat rice (or I wan rice)
87. Eat bread
88. No pat-pat (he used to be patted to sleep)
89. No milk-milk
90. No cry
91. Sit
92. Pete (a cartoon character from "The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse")
93. Dibo (a animation character - "Dibo The Gift Dragon")
94. Blast off! (a common phrase uttered by the gang from cartoon "Little Einsteins")
95. Tower (picked up from animation series "The Backyardigans")
96. Towel
97. Put
98. Close (sounds more like cose)
99. On top (when something's high up)
100. Keep it
101. Tit-bit
102. Keropok (Malay for crackers)
103. Duduk (Malay for sit)
104. Apa? (Malay for what?)
105. Habis (Malay for finish/ed)
106. Twinkle star (for nursery rhyme - twinkle twinkle little star)
107. Star
108. Tah (Chinese for beat/ing)
109. Beat
110. Bye
111. Hi
112. See you
113. Hello (rarely)
114. Tak nak (Malay for don't want)
115. Nunder (Thunder)
116. Rain-rain
117. Cover
118. Wipe
119. Bush teth (brush teeth)
120. I take ... (ball, book, bus, train, etc.)
121. I wan milk (I want milk)
122. Up
125. Up there
126. So high
127. Bike (Motorbike)
128. Crane
129. Truck
130. Ban (Van)
131. Sleep
132. Socks
133. Pants
134. Sirt (Shirt)
135. Hat
136. Cut
137. Hold
138. Pain (pain-pain)
139. Shoes
140. Wear Shoes (pants, hat, bag, etc.)
141. Boots ("Dora The Explorer's" pet monkey)
142. Kick ball
143. Trow (throw)
144. Pick up
145. Keep
146. Cut
147. Cut it
148. I carry
149. I put
150. Hole (hold)
151. I hole (I hold)
152. Doctor (rarely)
153. Fower (Flower - rarely)
154. One
155. Two
156. Three
157. Four
158. Five
159. Six
160. Eight (rarely)
161. Nine
162. Apple
163. Pear
164. Cole (Cold or cold-cold)
165. Fan
166. Wind (rarely)
167. Stand
168. Give
169. Bus stop (his favourite)
170. Bus go!
171. Train go!
172. Bye bus!
173. Bye train!
174. Bye ... (Nenek, Kakak, Bibik, Uncle, Jie jie, Kor kor, etc.)
175. Bye copter! (bye helicopter)
176. I sit
177. I go
178. Pay
179. I pay
180. Buy
181. I buy
182. I keep
183. I push
184. I take
185. Jum (jump)
186. I jump
187. Dance
188. I dance
189. Mama dance (he wants me to dance or he wants me to watch him dance)
190. Mem-mem (Spiderman ... haha! don't ask me why he calls it that)
191. I take train
192. I take bus
193. I walk
194. I run
195. Play
196. I play
197. I stand
198. I draw
199. I put
200. I trow (I throw)
201. I wear
202. Give
203. I give
204. Mama bathe
205. Papa bathe
206. I bathe
207. I bird (his penis)
208. Papa bird
209. Mama no bird (haha!)
210. I no sleep
211. Kiss
212. I kiss
213. Tutup (Malay for Close)
214. Big bird
215. Bawoon (balloon)
216. Tiger
217. Fall
218. I Fall
No comments:
Post a Comment