Ok some posts that were way long overdue - my mum's & hubby's birthday in April. As usual, it was a small family affair, with a chocolate cake & some yummy food for everyone to savour. Its funny how some members of my family have birthdays that are so close together or even fall on the same day. It does make things 'simpler' though as we tend to celebrate every one's birthday, albeit on a small scale, its easier if we can kill 2 birds with 1 small stone.
As there are 15 of us in this family, that makes out to be at least a dozen or so of celebrations. I ain't complaining ... though I really wonder when my parents are no longer around, whether we will still be celebrating each other's birthdays. Deep in my heart, I really doubt that it will continue, as my siblings & me each have our own families & lives ... It really does seem that my parents are really the ones "holding" up & "gelling" this family together, with them gone, I guess so will the "united front" that we have ...
I still hope that in the future that we will still be able to have our usual mini-gatherings, meet-ups & outings or even holidays together. It would be really sad ... & such a waste, if we decided to stop it totally coz at the end of the day, family is all you have, to me anyway. Friends, colleagues, acquaintances, neighbours, etc. they all come & go but your family will still be there for you. Sometimes, they may not be able to help much but their presence & support is everlasting & is always much appreciated. Family don't have ulterior motives & don't go round thinking of ways to screw you up or "con" you, like some people we know in our lives. Well, most family that is ... haha!
Happy Birthday to two of the most special people to me ... Mum & Hubby. They are both my ardent supporters & greatest critics. I don't know what I'll do without them in my life. They may be born on the same day but till today, I don't really see much similarities between those two (other than the fact that they both love me ... haha!), except for several instances. I know, they both love their family very very much & they are both extremely self-sacrificing ... hhmm, I guess they are more similar than not!
I do wish I can make their birthdays more special but I do hope in my own small way, they both know that I love & treasure their presence in my life. Mum has been there for me from day one, caring & loving me as a mummy; whilst hubby has restored my faith in love, when we started our lives together. We have been through countless ups & downs but I never once doubted that we will come out of it all, stronger. I am grateful for both their love & unconditional support, for I know sometimes I am hard to love. My stubbornness, opinionated mind & talkative nature can a lot of times, be over-bearing & barely tolerated, but they still choose to accept & love me.
Especially hubby, who has been having such a tough time at work ... he has been strong & steady, keeping his pride intact in face of adversity & criticisms. I love you darling. No matter what we have in store for the future, I have the utmost faith in you. No matter which way you choose to turn, you have my & Ryan's utmost support & love. We know you will succeed in your choices & that you will show all those disbelievers & critics that you are a gem. They doubt your capabilities & question your educational assets but they are the losers in the end. They do not see the hard worker, the self-sacrificing employee, the workaholic, the 1st to arrive & last to leave mentality that you have, they don't see your potential in a different field, they do not treasure what you are ... it is their loss!
I can see & know that you will be a great success for I have faith in you but most of all I know that you will work hard because you want a better life for your family & that is something that humbles me. I know that I am blessed to have you as my beloved hubby. You take care of me & Ryan without complaints & ruse, you do things without expecting anything in return. you love us for all that we are, you think of your family 1st & foremost. I can't ask for more ....
Just a few pics etched, to mark my mum's & hubby's special day!
One more shot Mama!
Ayra keeps her peace sign constant ...
Just simple food for all.
The cake we bought from Prima Deli. It was extremely delicious, I will definitely buy this again!
No comments:
Post a Comment