Just some random pics to upload. The 1st three pics were taken at the famous Zam Zam restaurant (can't recall their exact name), opposite the majestic & historical Sultan Mosque. Many eateries serve the same food there but the ever jam-packed eatery, is more like an institution of sorts, with its famous beryani & murtabak. No other place comes close. Though they have raised their prices recently we still go there coz the food is so delicious, the teh tarik is "killing" & its still value for money. If only they could "contain" the aroma of the food to the kitchen area ... coz every time we go there, we leave the place smelling like a yummy plate of beryani. Oh well, you can't have everything right?!
On this occasion, we took my parents & my niece, Ayra along for the delicious lunch. It must have been a Sunday ... coz I don't really remember this day (haha!). Why am I so sure that it was a Sunday? Because most Sundays (at least once a month, if we can), we bring my parents out for some "makan", shopping, & sight-seeing. Though we don't go anywhere special nor expensive, its my & hubby's way of saying thank you to my parents, for all their support & love, that they've shown our way. Its more than filial piety I tell you coz we don't have to bring them out if we don't want to, but I know it "thrills" my parents, especially my mum, just being able to shop at leisure.
My mum is a bit of a home-body who doesn't really venture in public. She hates public transport (haha! who doesn't?) & prefers to take her own personal car-trips because she has trouble with her knees (which I totally understand). As only my brother-in-law (sis' hubby) & my hubby drives & own cars, its up to us to make the old folks happy. If trips out shopping & running errands makes my mum happy, hey why not. Its the least I can do to bring a smile on her face for all that she's done for me & my family. I can't buy her gold or bring her for expensive holidays or dinners but I sure can bring her out to buy this & that. Its just my small way to show her that I appreciate her love, her concern, her delicious cooking, her advise, her never-ending "nagging" ... oops! I mean, words of wisdom.
Talking about weekend trips out, we have one awaiting ... since mum hasn't been out recently.
The photo above was taken in KFC. At one point, Ryan loved eating the chicken at KFC. We used to go there at least once a week. I know, I know ... its not the most healthy of food but that's what my kid wanted ... so we go where Ryan eats the food, suckers we are. Lately we haven't been there much coz Ryan seem to not "appreciate" the food anymore. Besides, I have a bone to pick with KFC. I am a Chicky Club member (under Ryan's name coz only kids can join, duh!) so I get a 10% discount on certain purchases. What bugs me is that they sometimes tend to round up instead of rounding down the costs of each meal after the discounts (unlike NTUC, which rounds down).
I told the server once that if they insist of rounding up the cost, then I can pay with 1-cent coins (which I carry specifically for instances like this) but she said that they don't accept 1 cent coins (say what?!!!). They round up or down at their own discretion ... which is not right! Its not as if the membership is free! Yes, we do get free kiddy stuff upon subscription & a free magazine every quarter or so but that's besides the point. They should really standardise this issue ... & they shouldn't be charging their customers extra, when they use their cards. If this continues, I will definitely reconsider if I want to renew my membership for next year. Its the principle, not the miserly coins that matter to me. Arrgh!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment