If you have been reading this blog for awhile, you might know that my son, Ryan is practically "addicted" to McDonald's Chocolate Milkshake. Here we are, in downtown Orchard Road and what were we doing? ... nothing much really, just window shopping & stuff. When we passed a Mc's, my dearly beloved insist on having his "Bup" (sounds like burp) - that's what he calls his milkshake.
So here we are ... having yet another milkshake! Since he won't be stopping his milkshake "addiction" anytime soon, I devised a sneaky little "plan". Sometimes (when I can remember), I request the server to half my milkshake & dispense it in 2 cups instead. This is so that Ryan will only finish up only his half-a-cup of milkshake instead of a whole cup. There are times he refuses to share his milkshake with us, being that we try to "force" him to share it with us so that he doesn't finish ALL the sugary drink by himself (yeah! spread it among the whole family ... daddy & mummy).
We're not being cheapskates here ... just using a trick or two (whenever I can). I guess as parents, we do have to employ some sneaky tricks (that we can get away with) ... sometimes we don't really have a choice. Until of course, the child turns old enough to understand that he's being tricked, straight in the face. Well, until Ryan gets this trick, we will still be using it regularly.
Until then ...
No comments:
Post a Comment