Ryan has some pre-rituals before his usual daily bedtime. If its still early in the night, we let him have some playtime on our bed before he has to "retire" to his own cot. He will be dressed in his jammies & he will be rolling around, dancing, jumping, chatting, sitting on his parents tummies & do what most 2 year olds will do.
Do all toddlers behave like this? Haha ... I'm only assuming. All I know is that Ryan is one hyper-active child. The only time he keeps still (& quiet) is when he sleeps. He's quite talkative & yaks non-stop (courtesy of his Mummy's genes ... duh!). Infact, hubby & me think that he's quite chatty for a boy ... errm, he's always saying something & he's recently always asking - "What's that?" - bout a million times!
You would think that I am relieved that my boy is soooooo inquisitive & talkative ... don't get me wrong, I really am! I would rather that he is curious-by-nature, has a desire to know & learn as many things as possible & able to vocalise his needs & wants. It's just that if your kid says, "Mama, Papa ... bus, train" 20 times in a row ... errm, it kinda grates on the nerves. I know, I know ... I shouldn't "discourage" him to talk when he wants to ... I guess I just need to gather my nerves & "puff-up" in the patience department. I guess as parents we need buckets-full of patience & nerves of steel. This is something I am sorely lacking ... I am sad to admit. Hubby is the more-patient parent in this household.
This is what I think I need to do :
I need to step up & be the patient mum that Ryan needs.
I need to learn to grit my teeth, when its called for.
I need to be more "gracious" & humour my kid.
I need to be more "cool" ... as a cucumber?
I need to take deep, deep breaths .... and smile : )
In most of the pictures that I take of Ryan, you will always see a smile amongst them. I guess that's because (most times), Ryan is a HAPPY child. Of course, there are times that he acts up, & show his stubborn side but a lot of times, he's rather easy to please. Give him his Playhouse Disney Channel & some all-time favourite toys, & he's happy as can be.
Funny how, the littlest things keeps a child happy & contented. Ryan is no exception! Sometimes I wish I can "borrow" some of his enthusiasm for life ... coz life is so carefree & wonderful through the eyes of a 2 year old, don't ya think? No worries in the world ...
No comments:
Post a Comment