Last week, I managed to pack some of Ryan's old baby clothes to pass on to my Sis' friend. I gathered some stuff (mostly home clothes for the yet-to-arrive baby boy) & found 2 unopened pacifiers (or chu-chuts, that's what we called them at home). The pacifiers made me laugh now ... Ryan used to be so attached to them, that he could never fall asleep without it in his mouth. I was wondering how I could wean him off it, without creating World War 3 (at home). Surprisingly, it was relatively smooth sailing when I decided that the chu-chut should go MIA (missing-in-action). He created a small ruckus, cried a little but it was actually easier than I expected. The draining nightly feeds was much tougher to drop though. As he gave up the pacifiers rather easily, I thought (assumed) that the night feeds will be a breeze too. Errm ... it wasn't! .... but its still much better than I anticipated. Phew!
Whilst looking though some old photos, I discovered one of the last photos of Ryan "sucking" on his pacifier (whilst napping in the car), taken in December 2008. I could have sworn that he gave them up much earlier but the picture proves me (dead) wrong ... haha!
I was glad to give away them pacifiers. Its a stage that Ryan has long passed ... & giving it away is a sign that me boy is no longer a baby ... he's a toddler now! Well, just gotta make him give up his (baby) bottle for a real sippy-cup-thingy (its been an uphill battle so far). Well, wish me luck, ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment