All parents have tricks up their sleeves to entertain the kids ... to will away the time. We are no different. Some parents let their kids enjoy the PSPs or Gameboys, some hand over their handphones or digicams, gosh ... I've even seen a Caucasian child in Orchard Road, playing with an expensive computer tablet in a moving pram (can you imagine if it drops? ouch! expensive mistake!).
For us simple folks, we used some (rather) ingenious ways to distract our extremely hyper-active kid. We sometimes bring along a small notebook for him to scribble or draw on & even brought along a portable Magna-doodle. Lately, as my son is terribly obsessed with Transformers, Hubby has even his youngster hooked on the theme song for the first movie. The song by modern rock band Linkin Park called "What I've Done" is my two year old's favourite song. What is the world coming to ... when a 2 year old listens to Linkin Park ... I rest my case!
So Hubby has recently resorted to downloading his son's fav song on the handphone & playing it for Ryan to listen. It does distract him quite a bit. The only catch is that Ryan wants the song to be played over & over & over & over ... again! I told Hubby, maybe it was a big mistake to let him listen to the song ... not only is he addicted to the 2 movies (the 3rd movie's being filmed soon, I think), Ryan is equally addicted to the theme song. Oh God! what have I created? ... a Transformers ADDICT !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment