Ok, I wasn't gonna let Ryan go to his 1st movie without a blog post. As I was mentioning about Ryan's latest love affair with Bumble Bee, it is only right that I write about his first movie adventure, watching Transformers. Why did we choose Transformers 2? Because Hubby wanted to see Wolverine & my mum promised to baby-sit Ryan whilst we go see it but alas it never worked out coz mum was always busy, tired, or otherwise unwell (no such luck). As we have no other alternative baby-sitting "services', we had no choice but to haul our son with us if we wanted to see a movie. So, we chose Transformers ....
Before we brought him to see the 2nd Transformer movie, we decided to have a dry run with the first movie at home, on DVD. It turned out that he loved the show. He even managed to keep rather still, quiet & was equally engrossed throughout the whole movie. That gave me the encouragement to bring him to the sequel of the movie.
Hubby was on leave (it was a weekday), so the tickets prices were cheaper. Ryan did not need a ticket because he was under 3 years old. We left home early & took the bus & train, to have the usual brekkie of prata. Whilst awaiting, the start of the movie, we walked around & as usual, Ryan wanted to have a go at some of the usual rides.
Father & son, posing in front of the Transformers II movie poster.
We did go to watch the Ice Age movie the following week or so. Ryan was still as clingy to me but it wasn't half as bad as the Transformers. I would think that it being an animation movie, cartoons & all that he wouldn't be scared stiff, but I was wrong. I understand if Ryan was afraid of the Autobots-Decepticons waging a war, explosions, high-octane show but this was a kiddy movie that had (cute) animals & dinosaurs (his favourite). Alas, Ryan was still as petrified in the pitch dark theatre. He thoroughly enjoyed the first Ice Age movie at home but he didn't enjoy it as much in the movies. Maybe seeing the shows on DVDs in the comforts of home, where you can talk, move, pause, eat - all in "bright" daylight was more comforting than watching a movie on the gargantuan screen in darkness. Oh well, at least I tried! I just hope in the future Ryan will enjoy going to the movies as both his parents are movie freaks.
Of course sometimes, its actually cheaper to rent or borrow DVDs from the stores or friends, coz a ticket price for a weekend movie is sooo expensive. A family of three can easily spend $9.50 x 3 + parking charges + drinks & snacks + meals after the movie. etc. So if you have more than 1 kid, it usually does not make sense to trudge the whole family ... you will have spent a bomb, might as well purchase the DVD when its out, & you get to watch over & over again. Just my 2-cents ....
So my son didn't really get to enjoy his first 2 movies but I have hopes that it will be a better experience the next time. I hope Ryan will always remember this experience coz nothing makes me happier than being able to introduce new & exciting things to my little one. I hope I can think of many more incredible things for Ryan to try & experience, in the future. As long as the activity does not cost too much, we will definitely be up for it. Till then ...
P.S : I didn't notice that when I was trying out the size of the pics to a "Large" in the previous entries, it automatically stayed that way (as a default). Errm ... no wonder the pics are sooo much bigger. Well since the photos are already posted, I won't be changing its size now. I dunno ... maybe the larger size will grow on me ... I just have to wait & see. Hhm, the only thing I don't really enjoy with these larger pics ... that I would look even LARGER than I already am (is that even possible?) ... am I asking too much ... haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment