Friday, July 24, 2009

MY NAME IS ... OPTIMUS PRIME !

Ok ... since watching "Transformers - Revenge Of The Fallen", our whole family ... presumably our munchkin has been obsessed about them. Ironically, our first trip to the movies with Ryan would be unforgettable for the fact that he hung on to me like a petrified Koala Bear. He kept muttering "Scared! So dark! Go outside, light!" ... & other unintelligible words. I guess my boy was scared out of his wits since the theatre was pitch dark & the sound system blasting. Well, he was afraid during the show, but he sure liked them Transformers ... haha!

I wish Ryan liked Optimus Prime (like me). If Optimus was a man-human ... I bet he would be a real hunk - all shiny, colourful, powerful ... a very
wise leader, with that oh so sexy-deep voice ... but predictably, Ryan likes the lovable Bumble Bee. Not that anything's wrong with Bum Bee (that's what Ryan calls it), just that Bumble Bee is either hard to find or the ones in the local stores are waaay too expensive for our pockets!

I wonder why the other range of Autobots or Decepticons are so much easier to locate in stores. Sigh! why does my boy always likes things that are obscure & expensive. Its not as if I can afford them ... He's been rather obsessive (how can I blame him when he takes after me ... being obsessive bout most things) about his Bumble Bee, always saying - "Buy, Bum Bee!" ... I wish I can baby, just need to find it & hope we can afford it!

In honour of Ryan's latest craze, I present to you a range of Bumble Bees. If anyone can find the latest Bumble Bee at an affordable 30 bucks or so, please let me know, ya!. It would make Ryan very, very happy. Meanwhile, at every toy store that we pass, we will still be looking for that elusive yellow Autobot called "Bum Bee"!











When Rayn saw these last two pics of Bumble Bee, he refused to "admit" that its Bum Bee, he calls them Mem-mem (any creature or robot that's not remotely human) ... haha! Silly boy ... its really Bumble Bee ... just a different edition, that's all. I guess even if I can locate & buy these two action-figures, he will probably reject them ... as "defects". I would have wasted my money then ... haha, the innocence of a child. He only only knows what he recognises ... nothing more, nothing less!


No comments: